A D M Y INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY L.L.C (referred to as “we” or “us” “our” or “ADMY”, or “Licensor”) Dubai BC RES 1072 Land Area Al Muteena, United Arab Emirates is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and handling your personal data in an open and transparent manner. The personal data that we collect and process may vary depending on the service we provide to you and/or your use of the Website.
- provides an overview of how ADMY collects and processes your personal data, and informs you about your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and any national law supplementing or implementing the GDPR,
- when we refer to “personal data” we mean data which identifies or may identify you and which may include, for example, your name, address, identification number, telephone number, date of birth, occupation and family status,
- when we refer to “processing” we mean the handling of your personal data by us, including collecting, protecting and storing your personal data, and
- when we refer to our “Website” we mean www.admy.com
Our Data Protection Principles
We adhere to the principles relating to processing of personal data set out in the GDPR which require personal data to be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner (Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency).
- Collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes (Purpose Limitation).
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is Processed (Data Minimisation).
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date (Accuracy).
- Not kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is Processed (Storage Limitation).
- Processed in a manner that ensures its security using appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage (Security, Integrity and Confidentiality).
- Not transferred to another country without appropriate safeguards being in place (Transfer Limitation).
- Made available to data subjects and data subjects allowed to exercise certain rights in relation to their Personal Data (Data Subject’s Rights and Requests).
- We are responsible for and must be able to demonstrate compliance with the data protection principles listed above (Accountability).
1.3 Our Website incorporates privacy controls you can use to specify whether you would like to receive marketing, limit the publication or any other use of your information. You can access such privacy controls via [email protected]
2.1 We obtain your personal data mainly through any information you provide directly to us or through information provided by third parties. Below is a list of ways in which we collect your personal data.
Personal data collected directly from you, including:
- when you enter and use our Website;
- when you contact us for any enquiries, complaints or for any other reason;
- Personal data collected from other sources, including:
- via third parties including our business partners, contractors and/or vendors in a manner that is permitted,
- via companies belonging to ADMY.
We may collect the following personal data from you depending on the service we provide to you and/or your use of the Website. We will only process your personal data when the law allows us to.
4.2 To our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
4.4 Governmental and regulatory bodies, including law enforcement authorities, in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties or in order to enable ADMY to comply with its legal and regulatory requirements.
5.1 We will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we initially collected them. Once such period has ended, we will keep your personal data for the longest of the following periods: a) any retention period set out in a retention policy which is in line with regulatory requirements relating to retention; or (b) the end of the period in which legal action or investigations might arise in respect of the services provided.
5.2 Once the retention period of your personal data lapses, we will ensure that your personal data are either irreversibly anonymised or securely destroyed.
6.1 We deploy various security measures such as encryption and authentication tools in line with the current state of the art to protect and maintain the security, integrity and availability of your personal data.
6.2 100% protection against unauthorised access in the case of data transfers across the internet or a website cannot be guaranteed, but we and our service providers and business partners do our utmost to protect your personal data in line with the prevailing data protection legislation by means of physical and electronic physical precautions. Among other things, we use the following measures:
- Strict criteria for authorisation to access your personal data on a “need-to-know” basis only and exclusively for the specified purpose;
- Transfer of acquired data in secured form;
- Storage of confidential data in our secure servers;
- Firewall safeguarding of IT systems to provide protection against unauthorised access, and
- Continuous monitoring of access to IT systems to detect and prevent the misuse of personal data.